Broadly, the tax services we provide to corporates can be categorised as either the provision of compliance services or consultancy services.
A description of the compliance services we provide to corporates is set out below.
In the context of corporate consultancy, the nature of the assignments we undertake can be very varied, ranging from advice in relation to the tax structuring of MBPs, to debt re-financing, to corporate sales and capital allowance review, to name but a few.
Set our below, is an overview of some of the corporate consultancy engagements we have completed in the last year :
- advice to the MBO team of a successful professional services firm that was part of a large UK group. We advised on all tax aspects of the transaction, including the structuring of the bank debt, as well as the holding structure for the MBO team so as to maximise their options on a future sale;
- advice to shareholders on the disposal of their group which had been set up some thirty years ago. This involved a significant pre-sale restructuring so as to secure the optimum tax result for the vendors, as well as supporting the vendors through the sale process, and assistance in negotiation of the tax warranties / indemnities, etc.
- provision of tax advice in relation to a substantial debt re-financing transaction;
- completion of a significant capital allowances review for a client operating in the hotel sector. The review delivered substantial annual tax savings for the client;
- advice to several non-Irish resident individuals and entities in relation to the structuring of Irish property acquisitions.
While often perceived as as administrative burden, the importance of timely and accurate tax compliance cannot be over-emphasised. The filing of routing VAT, payroll, corporation tax and relevant contracts tax returns are the only direct points of contact between Revenue and a corporate taxpayer. We provide assistance with all corporate compliance obligations, whether that is in the form of ad hoc assistance, or taking complete responsibility for the compliance function. We will also advise as to the tax cashflow management. Whether it is assistance with accurately calculating payment obligations, securing timely refunds, or negotiating instalment arrangements to deal with specific cashflow issue, we can assist.
In the event of a Revenue Audit, we can assist with all aspects of the process from pre-audit review to audit conclusion.